Friday, July 6, 2007

Review - Dillinger Escape Plan

Ok, so I haven't been around for a while. I'm sorry, I took a bit of a vacation. But I'm back, so don't fret, and breathe again and all that good stuff.



The Dillinger Escape Plan
Plagiarism
iTunes
2006


Grade: F


As you may know (or not) from a previous post I made I really like the Dillinger Escape Plan. They're one of my favorite metal bands. This EP is something they decided to put out for....umm, does anyone know why? Yeah, I don't know why either. It's a 6 song iTunes only EP with two songs off of their previous full-length and 4 covers of artists including Nine Inch Nails, Massive Attack, Soundgarden, and Justin Timberlake. If you know DEP's music you'd think "oh, that's really cool, they took those songs and applied their own style to them!" But, if you thought that you are completely wrong. All of the covers are boringly true to the originals. This EP is a complete waste to me. I have the songs that are originals by them already on their album and I have the songs they covered on the albums by the original artists. Oh, and guess what, the originals are better (surprise, surprise). Don't waste your money or time on this.

No comments: