Monday, June 4, 2007

Review - Darker My Love


Darker My Love
Darker My Love
Dangerbird
2006


Grade: C -


This band is most certainly proud of its influences. These guys love the Jesus and Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, The Stooges, Oasis, and Ride and boy does it show. It makes for an ok album, but it all kind of sounds like a cover band and it gets boring after a little while. I’ll give them credit though, a lot of bands try to blatantly rip off other bands and completely fail at it. So congratulations to Darker My Love, you succeed at ripping off your favorite bands.

If you’re familiar with any of the bands I mentioned you’ll already have an idea of what this alum sounds like. Fuzzy guitars and vocals that sound like the singer doesn’t want to really try to sing.

This album would be a lot better if there was a bit of originality to it. From listening to it I can’t help but think that someone’s been robbed. They may be stealing from the rich, but it’s stealing nonetheless.

For fans of any of the bands mentioned in the review. Or should I say for fans of bands that rip-off any of the bands mentioned in the review.


This is there video for "Summer is Here" if you want to check it out and see if you agree or disagree with me.

No comments: