Monday, July 16, 2007

Review - Interpol


Interpol
Our Love to Admire
Capitol
2007


Grade: D


I wasn’t going to review this album yet, but I saw one of those commercials yesterday where they show you the best little snippets of reviews so you will think that it’s the greatest album ever. Then, even when I was listening to it at first I was thinking I’ll listen to it now and then review it later. If it’s as good as they’re trying to make it seem I won’t mind listening to it more than once. The first three tracks are pretty boring and very unmemorable. The fourth track is the single “Heinrich Maneuver” and ends up being the first song on the album I think I might want to hear again. The decency continues on, but this isn’t really living up to their previous efforts. Maybe this album is a grower, but as of right now I’m not that into it.

If you've never heard Interpol's music you should get their first album and then their second as those are both good.

No comments: