Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Review - Field Music


Field Music
Tones of Town
Memphis Industries
2007


Grade: C


The first time I listened to this album in its entirety I was tired to the point of passing out, it came on in iTunes, and I loved it. I listened to it again a couple of weeks after that when I was wide awake, even though it was around 4:30 in the morning, and I thought it was alright. I think I’m just way more likely to love an album that’s decent if I’m falling asleep while I listen to it. For this exact reason I will never try and review an album when I’m falling asleep. Who am I kidding? I often don’t review things at certain times because I don’t feel like putting too much thought into anything at the moment.

So, about this album; it’s a decent Brit-pop album with a few sweet melodies. It just doesn’t have that special something that’s bringing me back to it, or making me want to remember it for future listening opportunities.

No comments: