Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Review - Queens of the Stone Age


Queens of the Stone Age
Era Vulgaris
Interscope
2007


Grade: A -


It's hard to review a band that you like a lot before you decide to review their album, as is the case with me and QOTSA. So, my girlfriend suggested that I should make it more about a comparison between what they've done when I rate it versus just how good I think the songs are. I took this advice and i thought about their other material and how this new album stacks up as I was listening to it. I have to say it's not their best album, but it's still really good. I just think years from now when I want to throw on a Queens of the Stone Age album I'll probably look for Lullabies to Paralyze.

Also, people are STILL talking about the absence of Nick Oliveri. Give it a rest people. The band has 5 full length albums and he’s only on two of them. Yeah, the two he was on are really good, but I think their best was without him.

If you're a Queens of the Stone Age fan you NEED to buy Over the Years and Through the Woods. It's a live CD/DVD and it's really really good.

No comments: