Saturday, January 10, 2009

My relationship with music

Since I'm going to be writing about music here I think you have the right to know my history with it.

I have loved music since I was a small child; sitting in my brother’s, who is 14 years older than me, room as a baby rocking to the beats of whatever he was listening to, which at the time was most likely the beginnings of hip hop.
As I grew I was exposed to two main genres of music, soul and salsa, because it was what my parents listened to. I got my first tape of my own at around 5, Michael Jackson’s ”Bad”.
I was largely a hip hop fan until eleventh grade when I started to branch out and enjoy rock music. I started out by getting into punk rock and then progressed to indie rock music after graduation. The year after I gradated I joined a band as the bass player, which I was in for about three years.
All of the time since then my music taste has morphed and I’ve learned to appreciate music more than I have previously. I look forward to challenging myself and writing about how music moves me now and in the future.

No comments: