Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Dillinger Escape Plan is Fucking Insane

Well, they are live at least. I've personally never seen them live. I had the opportunity to see them for free before I was super into them, but I was too lazy to leave my house. Now I realize what a mistake that was. Anyway, if these videos don't make you want to see them live, I don't know if anything will.

This first video is them playing "Sugar Coated Sour" at a Virgin Megastore in 2005. It's super intense. The sound quality isn't spectacular, but the video itself is well worth the watch.



This next live video is for the song "We Are the Storm", which is actually one of my personal favorite Dillinger Escape Plan songs. Their singer doesn't quite hit the high vocal part of the song. That could be attributed to how he said he barfed before the song starts though.
The video is actually from the same in-store performance as the first video. However, the view is different. The audio isn't top notch again this time. You can hear the guitar better, but from where the guy is standing you hear way more of the rhythm guitarist.





Next up is 'everyone's favorite DEP song'..."43% Burnt". This gem was filmed at Hellfest way back in 2002. The audio on this one is probably the worst out of all of these, but the visuals are pretty intense.





This is if you'd like to see a better version of "43% Burnt". It was taped by the same person who taped "We Are the Storm".




I really hope they finish their new album in time for the supposed September release. Here are a couple 'teasers'.


Teaser #1





Teaser #2 Watch out for the subliminal messaging.






I just checked their myspace for news on their new album. Apparently they start recording this Friday, June 1st. I also found this picture. This is if you're not completely convinced yet that their singer is insane.

No comments: